- Modern Site Generator
- no servers to set up
- no complicated databases to deploy
- React-based open-source framework
- For Creating websites and apps
- Use cases: portfolio site or blog, company homepage, or a high-traffic e-commerce store
What is a Static Site Generator?
- Software application that creates HTML pages from
- templates or components
- a given content source
- Mardown-formatted text Files
- GraphQL API
- REST API
- Headless CMS
- a modern web architecture
“It’s a new way of building websites and apps that delivers better performance, higher security, lower cost of scaling, and a better developer experience.” -- JAMStack.org
- What is a static site generator?
- What are some use cases for Gatsby?
- What does each letter J-A-M stand for in JAMStack?